Monday, November 22, 2010

Bierstube

Finally a day off!  It seems as of late that all my shoots have been going long, this is good the checks will be nice when they arrive.  I called home the other day and asked Jynx if she was the strange woman sleeping in the bed next to me?  We had a laugh but unfortunately that was true we had not seen each other awake in several days.  Unfortunately for me it was the same with little man, I started to feel like the dad in the cats and the cradle song. 
We decided to head out for dinner and I had thoughts of trying out a polish place in Hammond that I had heard good things about.  After checking it out on line and where we needed to go that night we decided to head to a favorite restaurant of mine that I all to often forget about.  I can not tell you how much I love this restaurant the Bierstube in Peotone.  The food is great and lots of it, the atmosphere is fantastic with all the decorations and the waitresses dressing the part.  The best part is the man on the stage singing great polkas and having fun singing and entertaining. 
We arrived there and got a table right next to the stage and the music was going on but he has no problem interrupting a song to velcome you or to say alvederzane when you leave.  Little man noticed him right away with a quick point and his favorite word these days "Dat". 
We had arrived just in time the place quickly filled up and everyone was greeted from the accordion playing man on the stage.  He even took a bit of a break while we ordered and even told us what was good on the menu.  Of course the best thing on the menu is their Wiener Schnitzel with all different toppings.  Although I got a look at their goulash which looks great as well.
Little man got right into the music and started to rock back and forth with his eyes glued on the funny dressed man.  Then the cow bells came out for Edelweiss and even for me this is amazing how he manages the cowbells ringing them in order when they are spread out all over the table.  This time he even included the bartender by giving her a cue and she would ring her bell.
As the night went on and our massive amounts of food began to arrive Little Man was enjoying the music more and more.  He would cheer at the end of the songs, he also began to clap along with the
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYxc_CxDKBA
music which everyone enjoyed and got a kick out of. 
Little Man came up by me and started to dance a bit but kept pointing to everything saying "Dat! Dat!"  We gave him some money to tip our German singer he put the money in the tip bucket and the let him ring the bells.  He wasn't too sure and was more interested in looking at them then ringing them but Dad helped him out with it. 
It was a great night filled with a lot of great food and fun.  I need to remember to head out there more, I'm sure little man won't mind at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment