Friday, November 5, 2010

Production, Production and Production

I'm thankful for the work but I truly feel like I have been burning the candle at both ends.  I'm still working the Judge shows that are in full blown production and the elections have kept me busy.  I love my work on the Judge show and it's always interesting and the political always has my interest. 
Stedicam connected to the crane and the light balloon
Testing the Crane
The night before the election I was lighting for Willow Creek Church and their Christmas video.  They really do go all out and it was great fun.  The scene was an angel coming down to these kids and then taking off again.  They rented a light balloon to light up the night, they also had a crane and rigging to lift both the actors and camera guys for shots.  It made for a long but fun evening and I have another part of the shoot tomorrow as well.   I left the shoot about midnight and arrived home around two in the morning.

The next day was election day and I popped out of bed earlier than I wanted too but wanted to do my civic duty and vote.  I headed to the polls and had to wait a bit but I got the job done.  Later that day I had to head to the south side of Chicago for election coverage for aljazeera television.  It was for their international so it was in English.  They were talking with people in Obamas neighborhood about the election.  I spent the night shooting with one eye and the other watching the returns.  I also spent every free moment on my twitter account.  I would have not done this had I been home but watching twitter on election night proved very interesting.  I was dragging a bit after the long night before but it went well and I was done earlier than I had anticipated but once again I was heading home around midnight and had an 8 am call for the Judge in the morning.  I got home set my alarm and it told me that I would have 3 hours of sleep.  I really hate that feature on the phone, I know now how little sleep I actually get a night.  I did not go to sleep right away I laid awake watching more results and recaps of what I missed earlier.
With all this I truly have missed time with little man.  Most days he is asleep when I leave and by the time I get home I may see him for a hour before I fall asleep.  Last night he had a bit of crying and I got up with him for a while and then Jynx got up with him so I could try and sleep a bit.  Jynx told me that she has flash card that he like and they were spread all over the room so she decided that he could help pick up.  She asked him to bring her different cards.  he asked for the cow and he brought the cow card she asked for the firetruck and he brought the firetruck.  He truly does understand us we have told him to put certain decorations back and he knows to put it back where he got it from.  I'll pick him up when I get home and say hug and he'll place his head on my shoulder and throw his arm around me and squeeze.  I imagine it won't be long before he's talking and then it won't be long before he learns the dreaded word "NO".  


No comments:

Post a Comment