Wednesday, February 9, 2011

SUPERBOWL

Game Face
Last year at the Superbowl Little Man spent most of the time in the arms of family and friends that were over, he did a bit of crawling but mostly he was cuddled up with some one.  What a difference a year makes from last year’s Superbowl to this one, it was hard to believe that it was that same cuddly kid to this year a kid on the move.
As always the preparation for the Superbowl started early, I began cooking the day before getting the Chili and my now famous pot stickers ready.  The entire time with one eye on the food and the other at Little Man running around and taking out toys and destroying areas we had just cleaned up.  He does help clean up a bit now but it’s still faster just to do it yourself and kick off was only hours away at this point.  I did my usual stressing about getting everything ready on time, this time so much I could barely eat  my stomach was so upset and in knots.

Outside Gitmo

Luckily Little Man took his nap early on Superbowl Sunday, almost as if he knew what was going to happen.  He did something that I do not remember now but it was what we refer to as a “Gitmo Offence” and we place him in a fenced area we have.  I think sometimes he acts up just so we will put him in there and he can take his nap.  Just about a half hour away from guest arriving he was napping quietly in “Gitmo”.  The first guest arrived and we were more than happy to wake him up.  Little Man does not wake up like an angel he is just like me kind of irritated that he is waking up. 
All the guest arrived and Little Man was in his glory playing with everyone and showing them all his toys and the new places we had put them.  He is really good with playing with people and other kids it may take him a bit to warm up to them but before long he is going to everyone and laughing and playing.  I was in the process of finishing up the food in time to watch the game luckily Jynx who had been cleaning all day had time at the end to bail me out.
As the game wore on and it looked as the Packers were going to win.  Little Man decided it was time to entertain the crowd.  I had placed several of my footballs around the seating area, just to add to the atmosphere of the Superbowl.  I know, I know go ahead and call me Marty Stewart.  He grabbed the ball and began to run around with them, the crowd began to cheer and he loved every minute of it.  Little Man would run a few steps then give the ball a toss, I’m not sure if it was a pass or a spike but, the crowd would cheer and he would laugh.  The Little Man game became more popular than the Superbowl, the Puppy-bowl and the Lingerie-bowl combined.  Who know what next year’s Superbowl will bring for him but I hope he enjoys it as much as he did this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment