Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Is Amazon watching me?

I had been debating about buying a waterproof camera for a while now and with labor day closing fast I decided I better get it now.  I pressed the buy it now button and off it went.  I figured it was going to be close but I wanted to leave for the river on Friday and it should be here just in time.  Oh the shots I was going to get on the river while we were tubing or canoeing and kayaking.  All to often we have friend who try kayaking and I try and get a good picture but can't because my camera is usually on shore.  Little man went tubing on the fourth but we did not get any pictures, so the waterproof camera is going to be great.  I love tracking packages to my house I have to laugh at the route the package takes but it's fun seeing it along the way.  Shortly after I ordered the camera I saw that it shipped, this was great it's on it's way and should be here in time.  Th e next day I looked and the camera was in New Jersey poor camera but it should be here even though it's says it won't be here until next week, not a problem it's already in it's way.  The next day I checked on it and it was still sitting in Jersey; why is my camera sitting in Jersey nobody wants to be in Jersey that long!  Oh well Friday came and the camera was still in Jersey I guess it's not going to make it but I had this feeling.  I had this feeling that as soon as I left the camera would arrive but it was still in Jersey so how could this be it will be here next week because it's just sitting on the shelf waiting to be moved along.  I left Friday late morning and headed to the river without my waterproof camera and everything was fine.  The river was still there the sun was still shinning I was going to be able to live without the camera.  I made it through the weekend without the camera but decided to check on the status of the camera on Monday to see if had moved out of Jersey or if some mobster was still taking photos with it.  Is Amazon watching me?  Do they know when I'm going to leave?  Is this just a cruel joke by the shipping company?  My camera had arrived on Friday just after I left!  

We still had a great time at the river Little Man went over to the neighbors house and they had a horse tire swing that he loved to play with.  Every time he caught a glimpse of the horse he wanted to get on it.  We almost took him on his first Kayak trip but he decided to nap instead.  Juno got to go instead and sat in front of one of the kayaks the entire trip.  We heard several people commenting and laughing from shore as we paddled by.  Maybe next year Little Man will be able to take his first trip down the river and I'll have my waterproof camera along for the ride.

Juno in the canoe

Little Man and the horse tire swing

No comments:

Post a Comment